Pick Up Teaching English as your Career

Search This Blog

Friday, December 22, 2006

BLOGGERS LOG




I am now in Machang, Kelantan, Malaysia for close to two years – two years this 1 January 2007. Life has been rather slow, more so in the economic sense, my economy that is. For the first year my focus has been on reactivating the little rubber plantation that my dad left with the family. Learning one or two things from my cousin an ex army corporal, he has a pension and is a hard working rubber taper. On top of that he was also the secretary to the Ex- Arm Forces Association, Machang branch

For the second year, running - I have tried and seek jobs and to be a teacher in private schools. I guess they think I am over qualified and secondly have no teaching experience, Well typical Malaysian mindset, your profession fits your certificate only, period! As for me I would tried to be a more complete man than one certificate can offer!

I used to say this, “Congratulations, you are going to States to do your PhD? I got this unconventional reply. ”Manan, I will be dumber, I will know only my subject better!” Now he has his Doctorate and still lectures in one of the local University.

Not withstanding all the theories and related practices that I had stomach. I have to come up with something a that can generate income, a business plan? Well some income generating plan, I have more stomachs to fill that any average Malaysian.

I did tried overseas jobs as well, do have interesting reply. My missus disagreed. Thought of driving an unlicensed taxi service ( prebet sapu operator ), again my missus objected to it. Well, I owned a 2000 cc car, a French made Peugeot. High maintenance cost and with cost of fuel rising sharply over a couple of years - the fares remains the same. All the taxi operators are yelling for help! The only logical conclusion is to follow my missus advice, I had to abandon the idea. So much so that I spent a lot of my time on my PC. Literally, I am in my house, most of the time, yawning ha!, but I do watch the world goes by via the internet, much more than RTM or CNN can offer.

As it approaches the end of the year, my head was pre-occupied with what should I do next! What can I do? Has to come up with something? I cannot go on yawning! ha ha! By the first of December, I have concluded, my PC is my best pal, now. I should turned it to be my employer. After all I have been working with friends all my life thus far. With that in mind I made a call to a much younger friend, I know him as a webmaster, an ICT savvy guy!

1. From Dec 1 to Dec 3 .

A senior used to ask me to run my own blog about G6PD. Now I am thinking of creating my own web-site, what for….On that basis to start, I made that call that have defined how me spent the next coming few weeks since then…. Of course I exaggerated a bit on what I thought of doing….below I am the caller…

2. Inside my head.

I used to do my own web-site way back in mid 90s or so under geocities before it was sold to yahoo! At that time I had to learn HTML. Going through the web…I thought damned …now they have xhtml, xml, CSS, Java-script, Json …and so many other things. This old dog will have to pick it up! I think that young guy will just shoot me down, in Malaysia people think that something not in your area, it ain’t easy!

But we have something in common we came from the same school, it is a norm that the school produces unconventional jerks. Never mind, see what happens…after all I know how web-hosting business is run in the States, through the net. Give it a go…

3 rd Dec 2006.

Caller : I am thinking of running a web-hosting business. What do you think?

(The answer can be ..many, it can be as simple as – hi, be my agent, but he is unconventional too)

Answer : I have been doing that, the income is not that exorbitant as people think.

I tell you what, why don’t you run a blog? He sent be two bloggers site, one is

a Malaysian an another a well know pro blogger, Australian is he?

Caller : Okay, I will think about it?

I then started my work while asking a few tips. Starting is easy…to keep it going may be more difficult. I gave myself a month and thinking of launching the sites 1 Jan 2007.



1 comment:

mamunk2 said...

www.thevideosense.com/user/mamunk2

Search Box

Amazon.com

amazon.com